Your first step towards uniting your workplace for the better…
Contact a UAW organizer and learn more.
Are you interested in forming a union but have questions not covered in the FAQ? Contact a UAW organizer and learn more about unions, how a union could change your workplace for the better, and more…
I’m ready to form a union with the UAW!
You’ve read up on forming a union and the positive impact it will have on your workplace. Sign the card and stand united with your coworkers.
Welcome to Hyundai / Mobis Workers United
Hyundai / Mobis Workers United is a place designed for workers who want to make positive change in their workplace. Where Hyundai / Mobis workers can unite to work towards:
Improving our health insurance
Improving health & safety standards
Making seniority mean something
Getting temporary workers hired as Hyundai / Mobis workers quicker
Shortening the length of time it takes for wages to top out
Collective bargaining means more rights and more power to shape your lives. Collectively you have more power to negotiate than you have as individuals. No one will pay any dues or fees until employees have democratically approved a contract.
Hyundai / Mobis Workers without a union:
- The company unilaterally determines your working conditions and can change them at any time without your consent
- You are an “at-will employee” and can be fired at any time, for almost any reason
Hyundai / Mobis Workers Together with a union:
- Hyundai / Mobis Workers United elect their bargaining committee
- Hyundai / Mobis Workers United decide what will be bargained for at the table
- Hyundai / Mobis Workers United vote to accept or not accept their first contract
- That contract will be legal and binding with a real process for dealing with grievances